KCG Researchers Joined the Aarhus-Kiel Workshop 2018
10th January 2019
The Aarhus-Kiel Workshop is an annual research workshop, jointly organized by the School of Business and Social Sciences at the Aarhus University and the Kiel Institute for the World Economy. It is supported by the Tuborg Research Centre for Globalisation and Firms also at the Aarhus University. It serves as an excellent platform for scholars in globalization research to present and discuss research (in progress) with other experts in the field.
The Aarhus-Kiel Workshop 2018 took place on December 13-14 in Sandbjerg, Denmark. Nine KCG researchers actively joined this workshop as presenters and/or discussants. The presentations in which KCG researchers were involved as presenters or co-authors are as follows:
- Dominik Boddin (University of Kiel) presented his paper “Servitization, Wages and Inequality”, co-authored by Thilo Kroeger (KCG).
- Léa Marchal (KCG) gave a talk based on her paper “When Immigrants Meet Exporters: Reassessing the Immigrant Wage Gap using French Employer-Employee Data”.
- Horst Raff, Ph.D. (KCG) presented his research on “International Trade and Inventory Investment”, co-authored with Prof. Dr. Sanne Kruse-Becher (University of Bochum) and Dr. Zhan Qu (University of Dresden)).
- Frauke Steglich (KCG) presented her current research “FDI and Corruption in Sub-Saharan Africa – An Empirical Analysis at the Local Level” which is a joint work with Dr. Julian Donaubauer (Helmut-Schmidt University, HSU) and Peter Kannen (HSU).
- Joschka Wanner (University of Bayreuth)) presented his research “Zeroing in on Zeros: Bias-Corrected Fixed Effects Panel Estimation of the Extensive Margin of Trade”, co-authored by Dr. Julian Hinz (KCG and European University Institute) and Amrei Stammann (University of Düsseldorf)).
- Hinz, Kroeger and Finn Ole Semrau (KCG) pitched their ongoing research on the football transfer market, trade and production fluctuations, and environmental economics, respectively in the speed presentation sessions at the workshop.